These programs are interdisciplinary that situate the learning of Spanish as a second language, and the study of the Latin-American culture, in the framework of the integration of the students to the reality of Latin American life.
- To study Spanish language and literature, and Latin-American culture.
- Understand the work of social organizations, by means of actually contributing
to the said organizations work (“Community-Based Learning”) and/or guided
visits and reflection on problems of poverty and development.
- Staying with a Chilean family.
- Guided visits to places of cultural and historical interest in Santiago and its
- They can last between four and eight weeks.
- Need a minimum of ten students.
- They adapt to the requests of each institution.
- They are carried out exclusively for international students and Spanish is used
predominantly/exclusively for the duration of the course.
- Poverty and Development
- Social Justice
- Grammar and Poetry
- Latin-American Story
- Culture and Oral Expression
Other Example of Intensive Program
Intensive, Community-Based Learning Summer School for Georgetown University